WELCOME!


Powered by IP2Location.com

Monday, April 28, 2008

Semiya Payasam to celebrate my award...:)

I love sweets...but as my hubby isnt a sweet-o-holic, I dont often make sweets at home. But today was a day for celebration..... Celeberating my first award, I just made a small cup full of semiya payasam. Just sharing my happiness with you all....with a sweet dish and a nice recipe.

You need :

Roasted Vermicelli (semiya) - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Elaichi (cardamom) - 5-6
Roasted Cashew nuts - 8-9
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup




Method :
n a pan add the ghee and add the roasted vermicelli to it and mix for a minute or so. Now,take around 1 1/2 glass of water and cook the roasted vermicelli. Once the vermicelli is nicely cooked and the water is somewhat drained. Add the milk and mix well. Add the cruched cardomom powder to it and mix well. Stir inbetween and allow the milk to come to a boil. Add the sugar and mix well. You may add evaprated milk instead of milk for more flavour and fast cooking. Let the payasam thicken a bit. Add the roasted cashew nut and serve hot ot chilled.


Enjoy this lovely sweet dish for any ocassion. Serve hot or Chilled. I like it Chilled. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Cham said...

Congrats on your award. Time 2 celebrate!