WELCOME!


Powered by IP2Location.com

Friday, April 25, 2008

Avacado and Tofu Chutney - from Vaishali's kitchen to mine.


Now as I said earlier I am dedicating a seperate post for this lovely chutney/ dip recipe.
I found this recipe at vaishali's blog and it immidiately caught my attention.I had to try this recipe then and there and luckily, I had all the needed ingredients needed for this chutney and voila!!... I had a tasty chutney as a side to my crunchy mysore masala dosa.



I made few changes to the original recipe. I grinded the coriander leaves too along with the other ingredients. You can find the original recipe here. This chutney, well u can also call it as a dip, as it is tangy and so flavourful. You can have it as an amazing dip rocking you get together or party. So here goes the recipe, and my changes to the recipe.





Ingredients :

Ripe Avacados - 2 small Pitted and scooped
Tofu - 1 1/2 cups
Ginger - 2 tsp finely chopped or grated
Green chillies - 2 chopped
Fresh coriander - 1/2 cup
salt to taste
Lemon extract - 1 tbsp




Method :

In a blender combine all the ingredients and blend until nice and smooth. Transfer to a nice serving bowl and garnish with freshly chopped coriander if desired. Your tasty, tangy chutney/Dip is ready. Enjoy!!

Thanx vaishali for the amazing recipe i am so sure I will be making it again.



Serve with hot dosas or vadas. Or as a dip for vegetables. Enjoy!!

5 comments:

Cham said...

Yes, when i saw avacado i thought Vaishu. Hope u like her vegan recipe.

Madhavi said...

Hi Subha..check out my blog there is something waiting for you :))

Vaishali said...

Shubha, Your chutney looks far better than mine did. Nice idea to grind the coriander leaves- they create those lovely dark green specks in the pale green of the avocado. I will try it that way too next time. Thanks for your kind words.

Deepa Kuber said...

lovely color.. i loved the chutney recipe

Kalai said...

Awesome idea!! Love this one! :)