WELCOME!


Powered by IP2Location.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

RCI: Karnataka..... Recipe 2 : Vangi Bhath

My hubby is an amazing cook, I never had any doubt about it.But this really took me by shock. It was a lousy sunday afternoon and I was busy doing my work and was bored to make lunch....hence, I requested my hubby if he could make any of his rice items.And he came up with this.....





Okie to build some surface for my hubby's culinery skills, I would like to say that my hubby is super talented when it comes to making rice dishes. His speciality item is Tomato rice and Vegetable Biryani.Today I add to the list Vangi Bhath...:)... the best part is he made it without the vangi bhath masala yet it tasted so nice and so authentic...( i cannot make it without the vangi bhath masala.)


So here iam displaying my hubby's talent and his recipe for this super Vangi bhath.okie the presentation and photography courtesy goes to me hhehehe.... just kidding..

This recipe is also my (and my hubby's) contribution to RCI : karnataka event hosted by Asha (http://foodieshope.blogspot.com/2007/09/my-karnataka-cuisine-first-edition.html). Thanx Asha.



To make this you need :


Vangi (Brinjal) - 6-7
Onions - 1 medium chopped
Green Chillies - 2 slit
Chana dal - 2 tsp
Peanuts - 1 cup
Basmati rice - 1 1/2 cups
Mustard seeds - 2 tsp
Garam masala - 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 2 pinches
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Chaat masala -2 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Tamarind pulp - 1/2 cup
Curry leaves few leaves
Coriander leaves to garnish
Oil







Method :


In a pan take some oil and put the mustard seeds and chana dal and fry till its golden in colour and the mustard spluters. Put in few curry leaves. Fry the onions for some time.Add the green chillies and saute. Add the turmetric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, Coriander powder and chaat masala.Mix well.

Now put the cut brinjals in it. Cook till the brinjals become tender.Now add the basmati rice to this and saute for some time. Now pour this whole mixture in a rice cooker or pressure cooker. Pour 2 1/2 glass of water and let it cook well.Once done garnish with coriander leaves.




Serve hot with onion raita and potato chips.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a Good husband ;). Wish my hubby does so ;)

FH said...

Your hubby made this! WOW!! Looks delicious.I might say "your hubby" at the round up!;D
Thank you and him.

Finla said...

Hey you want to lend him just kidding.
Delicious dish.

Nimisha said...

Looks tempting I will surely try.Me too trying my hands in cooking.
Check out my site,just created few days back.http://recipe-spot.blogspot.com/

Shubha Ravikoti said...

Thanx a lot for all your sppreciation.....

Taj food said...

Good article, like it! Appreciate the patience in putting up such determined content. Thanks for the time and effort.
thompson vs sultana raisins