WELCOME!


Powered by IP2Location.com

Monday, September 17, 2007

Hakka Noodles




Yummmmmmmm... I love this dish...:P Its my all time favourite. Something I can eat anytime...hehhe I am a hakka noodles fan. And I know there are many more there who would love to join my league on this. This recipe may not be the authentic chinese haka noodles recipe. But its a recipe i normally follow and its awesome Indo -chinese noodles.....

So do try this recipe and give me ur reviews...

Ingredients:

1 packet - Hakka Veg Noodles(if possible use Ching's Secret Hakka Noodles)
1 tea-cup Cabbage-shredded
1 large carrot-sliced
1/2 cup capsicum-sliced
2 Spring Onions-chopped
4 Tbsp Oil (if possible use Olive Oil)
5-10 Tbsp Green chilli Sauce
10- 12 Tbsp Soya sauce
Salt to taste


Method:

Boil 8 cup of water in a large pan, let the water bubble. Drop the noodles and boil them for only 2 minutes. The noodles are cooked aldent (Aldent: means partially cooking noodles or leaving it slightly "kachcha"). Drain the noodles and spread on a flat surface and toss in 1 tea-spoon of oil on the noodles to prevent sticking.

Heat oil, preferably olive oil in a frying pan on a high flame. Add vegetables and stir-fry for sometime. Dont cook it too much.. the vegetables should be crisp.Add Soya sauce and the noodles and stir for 2-3 minutes (Adjust salt and sauces as per taste). Now add the green chilli sauce and saute for some time. Garnish with freshly cut spring onions and serve hot

Please note: Please do not cook Hakka noodles fully, make sure it must have cooked kachcha.


Serve hot with Vegetable Manchurian.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

s nice and tasty

Anonymous said...

HI Shobha, you have explained the recipe very clearly and nicely. long time I was searching for a perfect cooking methodfor Hakka Noodles and I got it now!

Thanks,
Nikita Dabir

Anonymous said...

What kind of soy sauce do you use? The Indian one or the regular grocery "kikkoman" kinds? Reason I ask is, whenever I followed an Indian recipe for chinese, and use the amounts they have for soy with kikkoman, it ends up being incredibly strong smeeling, strong tasting and too salty.
The soy sauces , Indian rands are much lighter than the kikkomans. Wanted to know which brand you use so that I can try your recipe correctly.