WELCOME!


Powered by IP2Location.com

Friday, May 23, 2008

MBP - Roasted Tomato and Red Bell Pepper Soup


I came across this Delicious soup in Madhavi's blog and I knew I have to try this one. This soup is so simple to make and so tangy and tasty.....Yummmmm....! This is a very good option when ur inviting friends at ur place.... I am sure they r gonna be all appreciation for u. Thank you Madhavi for such a lovely recipe. Do come out with more... which I can make and impress my guests...:) Me and my hubby both loved this soup, its so nice, tangy and rich in texture.... loved it...:) I am sending this soup to the MBP - soups and salad held by Raaga this month. The MBP was started by Coffee of the Spice Cafe and I participating in it for the first time. I am simply loving it. That Coffee for starting an event like this..:)Now back to the hot soup...:)


Here is the original recipe. I Just used Sour cream instead of fresh heavy cream here.Here goes the recipe.






You need:

Tomatoes - 4
Red bell pepper - 2 cups chopped
White onions - 1 medium chopped in wedges
Garlic - 3 cloves
Olive oil - 2-3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Strawberry/ cherry tomatoes - 5 (optional)
Ground black pepper to taste
Bay leaves - 2-3
Butter - 1 tbsp
Oregano or mixed italian herbs - 1 tsp
Fresh Basil leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
Fat free Yoghurt - 1/4 cup
Low fat sour cream - 1/4 cup



Method :

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Chop the Tomatoes in wedges. ( I dont core my tomatoes... you may if u wish to..) Put all the tomatoes, onions and the red bell pepper in a baking tray. Add the cherry tomatoes too if ur using them.Add the chopped garlic and olive oil over it.Add some salt as well pepper to it. Mix gently with hand. So that the bell pepper and the tomatos are coated with oil and the spices. Roast in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until it is roasted well.

Remove the roasted tomatoes, onions, bell pepper and garlic from the oven and transfer it in a pot. Keep aside the cherry tomatoes aside. We will be using it for garnishing. I would advice u to use this even if its optional..it adds a lot to the flavour. Cook the items in the pot on medium flame. Keep stirring.

Add 2 -3 cups of water to the roasted tomatoes and bell pepper that we have transfered to the pot.Add the bay leaves, and butter, mix well.Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it cook for 20 minutes or until it becomes a bit thick.

Add 3/4 of the total basil leaves to the pot and cook it for about 5 -6 minutes. Off the gas and let the soup cool down. Once the soup is at room tmeperature, pour it in a blender and make a smooth paste out of it.Pour the blended soup in a pot and bring it to boil once again.Add the yoghurt and a spoonful of sour cream to the soup and mix well, until u get the exact smoothness and consistency.You may add more water of needed. Add black pepper, oregano and salt, (remember we added salt to the vegetables, so be careful to taste ur soup before adding more salt now.) Your soup is ready. It smells divine believe me.

Pour the soup to a nice serving soup bowl and becorate with sour cream and freshly chopped basil leaves. Enjoy!


To decorate ur soup - Fill a sandwich bag with the sour cream and snip one corner of the sandwich bag with a scissor. Now u have ur cone ready for decorating... top ur soup with sour cream in ur desirable shapes...:) I enjoyed doing this... These are our bowls... The heart one I gave my hubby.... Just to say "I LOVE U" and the spiderweb is mine.... hehhe well iam not caught in any web other than the world wide web..... heheh... I just simply love making the swirls and webs..:D Enjoy ur soup. Dont forget to top ur soup with the chopped basil leave and ur roasted cherry tomatoes for extra taste...:) Serve hot along with some garlic cheese croutons and sesame breadsticks..... Enjoy!











The heart cream topping for my hubby and the spider web for me....:) cool isn't it?


I promise !..... no more snaps :) Now some thing about Madhavi and her lovely blog Vegetarian Medley. Firstly I am so thankful she is in Los angeles. What better can u ask than a good cook like Madhavi staying nearby. heheheh... maybe I can drop by sometime.... what say Madhu?
Well, I got acquinted to her just few months back and she is a nice human being and a great cook. What I like most about her blog is her creative recipes. Half of the names I have never heard.... But they just make me drool. Check her site for all her amazing and creative recipes.:)
Thanx madhavi for the lovely soup recipe. We both loved it. And I am so sure I am gonna try more of ur lovely recipes.

Okie thats it for now, will come back with more nice recipes.. Cya..:)

16 comments:

Uma said...

wonderful soup! the presentation is too good, Shubha! Lovely entry. Have a great weekend ahead.

Cham said...

Looks beautiful the decoration :) Should have tasted great with bell pepper :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning photo and I bet that Roasted Tomato and red Bell Pepper Soup tastes as good as it looks too! Mmmmm

Suganya said...

WOW!... That was a excellent art work in the soup. The soup looks so rich and creamy... YUM!...

Chef Jeena said...

This soup looks wonderful. I bet it was very tasty using roasted vegetables yum. I lov ethe marble decoration on the soup.

Uma said...

Hi Shubha! Just wanted to let you know that I just posted the meme.

Sunshinemom said...

You have presented it very beautifully! Am sure it tasted great too:)

Shubha Ravikoti said...

Thank u so much..... Uma, Cham,Chuck,Sukanya,Jeena, Sunshinemom.... I really appreciate all ur comments...:) Thank u so much once again...!

Hetal said...

The pancakes and the soup look very yummy..loved the the soup decoration..

Veda said...

Hi Shubha,
love the way u have decorated with cream!
cool!!!!

Veda

Madhavi said...

Wonderful presentation Subha, looks awesome. Thanxxxxx for those lovely words, m blushing :))) aavo ghar par kabhibhi yaar, milke khana banate hai :)))

Aditi..............:) said...

WOWWWWWW!!!
Your presentation and photography is mindblowing...love you for that!!!!
Hope I learn that from you sweety.....I have been a bit busy, and have not cooked anything great for a long time....this week i will though....but you rock dear!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Shubha..I missed a lot of ur wonderful recipes because of my poor net connection..Ur recipes truly rock girl..loved the vadiyams,and crunchy veggie salad too..This soup looks awesome..Thanks to Madhavi..

Srikitchen said...

thats yummy.. decoration is too good...

Srikitchen said...

what happened to u? where r u? seen before a long time! r u there?

Jayashree Narayanan said...

Hi Subha,

I want to know one thing.. where do u get fresh basil. I tried in all american grocers. They dont have it.

TIA,
Jayashree