WELCOME!


Powered by IP2Location.com

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spinach Artichoke Dip



The most sinful dip I have ever tasted. I just love it.. the melted cheese with the taste of the artichoke and nicely baked spinach..... yummmm! I first ate this in Maggianos Resaturant and just fell in love with it. My hubby doesnt allow me to order this often as he says its very cheesy and not good for health in excess...:) He is my personal dietician hehehe..:P

Anyways I just got few artichokes as I wanted to experiment with fresh food. So what better than making a Spinach artichoke dip right?? So here goes the recipe..:D


Ingredients:

Artichoke Hearts - Fresh (2) or u can even use Canned artichoke hearts

Spinach - 2 cups

Shreded Mozarella cheese & Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup each

Cream Cheese - 2 cups

Yoghurt - 1/4 cup

Garlic - 3 pods cleans and minced

Fresh or dried basil - 1/2 tsp

Salt and pepper to taste

Garlic salt - 1/2 tsp (optional)



Method :

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a small baking dish and place inside the oven.

Chop the artichoke heart and spinach well. I used frozen spinach which I thawed well before using

In a medium bowl mix the Yoghurt, basil, cream chese, garlic, salt, 1/2 of the Mozarella cheese and parmesan cheese,pepper and garlic salt. Slowly now stir in the Spinach and the chopped artichoke hearts. Mix well.

Now tarnsfer this mixture into the preheated baking dish and top with the leftover Mozzarella cheese and bake for 25 minutes until its bubbly and lightly brown on top.

Variation** I added some chopped red pepper to this recipe.. just for the colour..:)



Serve hot with ur favourite nacho chips or Pita bread..:) Enjoy!


5 comments:

Aditi..............:) said...

hey this looks yummm!! :) send me some!!!!

Aditi..............:) said...

this looks yum....send me some!!!!! :)

Aditi..............:) said...

this looks yum....send me some!!!!! :)

Dori said...

Oooh, I love this dip!

Anonymous said...

hey Shubha...I don't know you but have seen your profile in orkut and added you..Thanks for accepting..I am apuroopa from Portland,Oregon...I admire your creativity so much..and there are photos of many tempting dishes in your orkut....
I love spinach artichoke dip..I eat it almost whenever we go to Italian...will try your mouth watering recipe at home...