WELCOME!


Powered by IP2Location.com

Monday, September 1, 2014

Celebrating 200th post with Almond Joy "Burfee"

This is my 200th post on my blog and isn't it best to celebrate with sweet treat??. As know from my previous posts.... me n "R" are not actually "sweet" people but as I am mad about learning new recipes and sometimes inventing some of mine.... I end up making and eating them once in a while.This one I will be happy to call my own invention as I didn't follow any recipe and just kept throwing in all the ingredients I can think of... or made me feel good at that time..:P. I decided to call this an Almond Joy "Burfee" because it has coconut, chocolate and almonds as in the chocolate bar...:)

And If ur wondering about the name "Burfee" on the subject line, its a funny story...:P. When I was posting this recipe I remembered the "Burfee" joke which came in Outsourced - Diwali episode where in Madhuri offers Todd some "Burf-ee" and also add saying its fresh and still warm.... and the look on Todd's face for being offered some Burf-ee was priceless...:P

Anyways, back to the recipe...

Ingredients :

Fresh or frozen coconut Grated - 2 cup
Condensed milk - 1 can (14 oz)
Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 3 tsp (see tips)
Roughly chopped roasted Almond - handful 
Chocolate chips -(optional) to decorate
Ghee - 2 tbsp

Method :

Grease a cake pan or thali with some ghee and keep aside.

In a microwave deep bowl, heat the ghee for 30 seconds or until melted. To this add the grated coconut and microwave again for 2 mins. Stir well and Mw another 1 minute. Now add in the cocoa powder and condensed milk and mix well. Microwave on high for 6 minutes, removing the bowl out every minute and stirring the mixture. This will ensure even cooking. After 3 minutes please also add in the almonds and continue for the remaining 3 minutes. You can save some almonds for garnish on top.Also using a deep bowl is recommended as the condensed milk tends to over flow while cooking. After the 6 minutes the mixture must we thick with very little liquid in it. Thats the consistency u need for the barfi.

Now spread this barfi mixture onto the greased plate and flatten it.. Once a bit cool cut it in desire square or diamond shape, garnish with almonds and choco chips. U can serve it a bit warm. Tastes very good that way.

Tips :

I have tried using hot chocolate mix (starbucks variety) for this barfi too and it works well. But in that case u can add in 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup milk to 1/4 cup chocolate mix and skip the cocoa and condesnsed milk from the recipe.

Enjoy !!



4 comments:

Ramesh Prajapati said...

Nice..

Swapna madhuri said...


www.kapitalgoods.com
Men Accessories
Briefcase
Men bags
Cufflinks
Men wallets

Unknown said...

Great blog....Thanks for sharing this information… Visit:Restaurant in delhi

Ghost Mannequin said...

i really love all you helpful hints! I enjoy reading your posts… Thanks so much for sharing :)